Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Outplayed by Denmark

3rd May'06,(Tokyo):
We played Denmark today and lost 0-3. Chetan was up first against Peter Gade and he lost in straight games. Peter Gade has been one of the most consistent players in the last 7-8 years and has always been in the top 10 on the world ranking list. I was up next against Kenneth Jonassen who is also in the top 10 in the world. I lost in straight games also,the scoreline reading 12-21,10-21. I did'nt feel like I played as well as I could have today but maybe that was because Jonassen just did'nt allow me to play my game. He is very consistent and makes very few unforced errors, always making you earn your points. That is something I will try to develop myself, wont be easy but it is very important. The first doubles was next and Rupesh and Diju played well against the Danish pair of LundgÄrd Hansen and Jens Erickssen losing in two tough games. The way Rupesh and Diju handled the difficult conditions on court was very impressive. But their loss meant that we were out of the Thomas Cup, having lost 0-3.

No comments: